Every C# developer, or any developer using an object-oriented programming language, needs a good understanding of the SOLID principles. These principles guide your design toward more loosely coupled and maintainable software.
What you’ll learn
- It’s easy to write software that fulfills its users’ immediate needs, but is difficult to extend and maintain. Such software becomes a burden for companies striving to remain competitive.
- In this course, SOLID Principles for C# Developers, you will learn five fundamental principles of object-oriented design that will keep your software loosely coupled, testable, and maintainable.
- First, you will see how to keep classes small and focused, and how to extend their behavior without having to edit their source code.
- Then, you will discover the importance of properly designing interfaces and abstractions in your systems.
- Finally, you will explore how to arrange dependencies in your system so different implementations can be added or plugged in as needed, allowing a truly modular design.
- When you are finished with this course, you will understand how to build maintainable, extensible, and testable applications using C# and .NET.
Last Updated 4/2019