Take the next steps in your data science career! This friendly and hands-on guide shows you how to start mastering Pandas with skills you already know from spreadsheet software.
In Pandas in Action you will learn
- Import datasets, identify issues with their data structures, and optimize them for efficiency
- Sort, filter, pivot, and draw conclusions from a dataset and its subsets
- Identify trends from text-based and time-based data
- Organize, group, merge, and join separate datasets
- Use a GroupBy object to store multiple DataFrames
- Pandas has rapidly become one of Python’s most popular data analysis libraries. In Pandas in Action, a friendly and example-rich introduction, author Boris Paskhaver shows you how to master this versatile tool and take the next steps in your data science career. You’ll learn how easy Pandas makes it to efficiently sort, analyze, filter and munge almost any type of data.
about the audience
- For readers experienced with spreadsheets and basic Python programming.