Understanding how databases work is a huge advantage for just about every career path. Whether you’re interested in marketing, account management, research, programming or countless other fields; being able to leverage a database is incredibly powerful. In this course we will:
- Learn why it’s worth your time and effort to learn about databases
- Install MySQL on your personal computer
- Understand how to design and structure a database for your project’s needs
- Practice querying for the exact information you need
- Use aggregate functions to perform useful actions on large sets of data
- Relate different parts of the database together in powerful ways
- Write SQL queries for two course projects together; step by step
- Gain confidence that our new database skills are in demand and incredibly transferrable
This course may be brand new, but this isn’t my first time teaching. I’ve led training sessions for Fortune 500 companies and I’ve already helped over 170,000 people on Udemy and received the following feedback:
“Brad definitely has some of the best techniques to embed the lesson into your mind… hands down these are the best tutorials I have had the opportunity to view.”
“Presentation is concise without being tedious… you honestly feel that you have a thorough understanding of the subject.”
“…[Brad] explained the process. Not memorize this or that, he explained the process. If you’re looking to take a course to understand the foundations of creating websites, look no further.”
Become highly valuable and relevant to employers that have data driven needs; in one convenient place alongside one instructor. If you’re ready to begin understanding databases – I’ll see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning how to leverage the power of databases.
- No technical experience needed. You will learn everything you need to know; and only need a computer running a recent version of Windows, Mac, or Ubuntu.
Last Updated 11/2021